Car Builders Mass Noise Liner is a 12mm thick, heavy-weight, acoustic barrier. This product is used over the top of sound deadening (stage 1) which is applied directly onto the sheet metal. Sound deadening stops noise created by panel vibration whereas Mass Noise Liner (stage 2) reduces airborne noise generated from the engine, road, etc. This premium carpet underlay is an OEM product used in high-end luxury vehicles. Mass Noise Liner replaces cotton jute or shoddy, creating far superior soundproofing results.
2mm Mass Loaded vinyl upper layer, coupled with a 10mm closed cell foam to create the most effective means of acoustic blocking. Our flexible closed-cell foam is water resistant and offers superior thermal insulation.
- Heavy duty sound blocking
- Water resistant
- Cuts with scissor and knife
- Reduces heat transfer
- Does not rot or deteriorate
- Cargo areas
- Van floors
- Boot floors
It is not 100% necessary to put Stage 1 Sound Deadener underneath Mass Noise Liner on cargo area floors or van floors due to the metal already being fairly rigid from the ribs. The Mass Noise Liner will be an effective floor sound proofing by itself.
- 4WD’s and muscle cars – firewall barrier to reduce engine noise
- Trucks – reduce engine noise and heat on floors and firewalls, great for serviceability
- Exhaust drone – drop in as a boot liner to reduce exhaust drone particular common in 6’s, V8’s and flat fours.
- Engine rooms, compressors etc
Note: due to the weight of our Mass Noise Liner it is not recommended for use on the underside of horizontal surfaces. For these applications, you should use our lightweight foam such as Acoustic Liner, Waterproof carpet underlay, Under bonnet insulation or our 6mm Insul-layer.
|Sheet thickness:||12mm (2mm vinyl, 10mm foam)|
|Foam flame retardant:||Grade B2|
|Tensile strength:||≥ 2.65Mpa|