Car Builders Insul-Layer is a peel-and-stick closed cell foam designed to fit in tight areas. It offers acoustic and thermal insulation, prevents condensation and is very affordable.
Our Insul-Layer will not rot, attract mould and is easy to cut and apply.
NOTE: For all inverted applications such as roof skins and vertical applications, we recommend applying our upholstery grade Spray Adhesive rate at 120°C. Car Builders’ spray adhesive is 40% off when added to ‘Cart’ with Insul Layer or Acoustic Liner products. You can learn more about foam adhesive and its application here.
- Light Weight
- Easy installation – just peel off the release liner and adhere it to the surface.
- Cuts with scissor and knife
- Reduces heat transfer
- Does not rot or deteriorate
- Roof skins
- Inside cavities
- 1/4 panels
- In-between trim panels to reduce vibrations/rattles (3mm Insul-Layer’s main purpose)
- Vans & campers (6mm 6.5M Roll is perfect for these)
(6.5M Roll is plain black, no branding)
|Length:||1200mm or 6.5m|
|Temperature resistance (long term):||-40°C to 110°C|
|Temperature resistance (short term):||-40°C to 135°C|